4.30.2007

So Long PC!


Well, the time has finally arrived: Dianna and I converted to Mac. Last week we received a 20" iMac as a graduation present from my father. Thanks Dad!

You know all those things they say about taking the Mac right out of the box and using it? Well they are all true. What a purely enjoyable experience. I kept thinking, "Where is the rest of the stuff?" but the whole package consisted of the computer (monitor + machine), power cord, mouse, remote, welcome booklets, and backup CDs. We plugged it in and it was ready!

I also researched how to transfer files from my old PC and set up a direct connection to our iMac, so our files were copied over about 10 minutes later. What a breeze!

To top it off, our printer works so much better on the Mac and I am very impressed with Microsoft Office 2004. Adobe CS3 is the big reason we switched over. It was made for Macs. Adobe also owns Macromedia now, which means CS3 comes with Flash and Dreamweaver! For those of you who develop websites, you know that is a biggy.

It also comes with a remote (like a little iPod Nano) that allows us to watch movies, listen to music, etc from anywhere in the room. Well, the list goes on and on, but those are the best things thus far.

We are so happy with our iMac. Thinking about switching too? Just give us a call and we will sell you on it.

2 comments:

Annegirl said...

Welcome to the true side. And this is why I have an Apple sticker on my PC at work.

I bleed white and awesome.

Katie May said...

more updates, please!