5.14.2009

My Project

I have been doing lots of projects around the house, mostly things for Lucy.
For instance, I painted her crib and dresser white. That took forever, but it looks awesome. For mother's day/my back needed it, Dave got a changing table luckily it was white so I didn't have to paint that! If you don't remember what the crib and dress looked like before than I succeeded. They were dark though so I spent a few days just sanding them down. Then a few more priming them and then a few more painting 2 coats to actually make them white!





I also have been spending several days baby proofing. It is a lot harder than it sounds!





I also had some fun installing knobs on the bathroom cupboards and draws. You wouldn't think that would be hard, but of course life is not easy. We got the knobs from IKEA (our favorite store). Because it was IKEA it was in mm instead of inches. So when we needed longer screws because the draws were double the thickness, they didn't exist! We would have had to go to Sweden to get them! ( I exaggerate a little) So what do I do, I take off one of the layers of wood and drill a bigger whole to sink the head of the screw in and then reattach the front of the draw and attach the knob. So what should have been minutes turned into hours because we have like 50 draws! (again I exaggerate)





I think the final result is nice though.

4 comments:

Katie May said...

I am quite impressed! It all looks great! And all with a baby to love and care for. You, Dianna, are my hero!

Sarah and Scott said...

Looks nice. I am very impressed!

The Peterson's said...

Go baby proofing! I don't think Owen and I ever really learned that!

Amy said...

Great job on the crib and dresser I never would have guessed they were dark before! House projects are fun, but I agree, they never are as fast as you think they will be!