7.16.2008

Baby Shower etc.

Saturday I had my baby shower and it was great!  Thank you all to those who helped and got things for us.  I really appreciate it.  The shower was fun and we got to play some games, like guessing belly size.  A lot of people under estimated how little my belly is!  But I still have 7 weeks so I will get bigger!  The theme of the party was Winnie the Pooh.  Kari ordered a cake that not only tasted amazing but was super cute.This week I also took the time to set the crib up.  I think it is a great looking crib, it has a drawer on the bottom.  Our good friends the Rhiens, gave us the crib.  They got it for free and didn't need it because they already had a crib.  So we very gladly took it off there hands.  It was a great blessing.
On Tuesday we had our second birthing class.  Class last night was a tour of the hospital.  This was amazingly helpful.  We now know where to park to go to the hospital, where to first go, where the family waiting area is and we got to look at one of the rooms where I would give birth (as long as it doesn't turn into a c-section).  The room was amazing!  They also have everything you could ever want to help with the labor and delivery.  Baylor is going to be a great place to give birth. 

I am now 33 weeks and have 49 days until my due date.  I found this picture online, this is potentially what Lucy looks like at the moment.  She is about 16 inches and 4.5 pounds. However, I have been measuring small, so she probably isn't quit that big.  I can't wait until she is here!!

3 comments:

Emily Malinka said...

oh goodness I am so excited for you guys, that first moment you get to see your little baby is truly amazing! Good luck with everything, it is all quickly approaching (though it may feel like it is an eternity away)

Cara said...

How fun! She will be here before you know it! I hope you are feeling good, and enduring the heat okay!
We have been so crazy these last few weeks which is why we haven't called yet...sorry! Dustin's grandmother lives in Richardson and had eye surgery so we stayed with her for a week to help, and we will be back there again this weekend to help them pack (they are moving to Idaho). Anyhow, we would still love to get together. We are only here for two more weeks, so we will try to make it work--time flies soooo fast!

Carly said...

What a great shower and I can't believe you got that great crib for FREE! Wow. Hope you got a lot more necessities too. Babies are so expensive!