4.28.2010

Grant Steven Crest

Grant Steven Crest has officially arrived! He was born Tuesday morning at 4:12am. He weighs 7lbs 2oz and was 19.25 inches long. He is doing really well and so is Mommy!

Here's what happened:
Monday night we went to the hospital to start the induction process. It was supposed to be a slow process that would take about 12 hours and then in the morning at about 6:00 they would then start pitocin to get everything moving along. However about halfway through the night Grant decided he would take over. At 10:00 the contractions started, but weren't too bad. Midnight hit and I was calling for the Dr. I got my epidural and then slept for about 3 hours. My Dr. came in and and checked somewhere within those three hours my water had broken and I was at a ten. They then started to get everything ready for him to make his appearance. After everything was cover in plastic including my Dr from head to toe, she told me to push. It only took about 10 minutes of pushing and he was here! It was so quick and easy compared to Lucy that it makes up for how much harder this pregnancy was. I am so glad he is here and doing well. He is such a good baby and a joy to be around. What a blessing!

Here are the pictures everyone has been waiting for:

Precious little feet!

Close up!

My boy!

Just after entering this world!

My wonderful Dr. who has delivered both Lucy and Grant.

My facebook account has a lot more pictures if you want to see more.

10 comments:

Emily said...

OH MY GOSH! He is soo cute! Congratulations!

katy broughton said...

why oh why is texas so far away??? i want to come right now. i love his little feet. xoxo.

Nicki said...

YAY!! Congrats Crest family He's totally beautiful. In the manly way.

Roger said...

How precious, your first Brent & Rejane Archibald family tree boy!!!! Congratulation

Katie May said...

Congrats!! He's perfect! A little manly version of Dianna and Lucy, for sure! What a cutie. I hope you're all adjusting well. How is Lucy doing with all this? Kiss those babies for us!

Hess Family

Chloe and Tyler said...

We're so happy for you guys. He looks just like a boy version of Lucy, so cute! Glad everything went well and the pregnancy is over:)

Amy said...

Hooray he is here! He is so sweet! I am glad this one went easier than Lucy's.

Emily said...

aww, yea!! He does look like a Crest already. Gorgeous! Great job, Dianna!

Lindy said...

He is such a little sweetheart. Seriously! I'm so glad that your labor went so smoothly.

jed-laura said...

So cool! We're happy for your family!