12.23.2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was awesome! It was so fun having family come to town. Marilyn drove in from Rexburg. Steve drove the semi from Denver, to Lewisville (the next town over) and we picked him up. Evan and Lauren flew in from Ogden. I love family. I love it when they visit. I don't care that I go insane before and after the visit cleaning, its worth it every time. Lucy loved the attention and cried every time someone left. Everyone stayed a couple of days. Thanksgiving day was fun. Marilyn and I did the cooking. The food was great. I officially like sweet potatoes. I used to hated them, but the sweet potato souffle won me over. Marilyn made her amazing caramels. Sad to say, but we have already eaten them all. They are so good! Marilyn stayed longer than everyone else, which gave her a chance to play with the kids, and gave me a chance to escape from the kids for a hour or two at a time. That was heaven! Talk about an early Christmas gift! Thanks everyone for making the trip!

Silly us, we forgot to take pictures, we have only the one of the dinner table all setup from Thanksgiving day and one of Lucy when she stole one of the carrots I was cutting up to cook.


No comments: