8.21.2008

Anniversary

Dave and I had our 3 year anniversary yesterday and it was fantastic.  Dave wanted to do something special because it is our last one before Lucy arrives.  So he surprised me by taking the day off from work and spending time with me.  Which is the best!  Early in the morning he got up like he was going to work, but really went out and got flowers and breakfast from Panera Bread.  We then had breakfast in bed and did a comp evaluation.  (this is when you make a list of 7 things your companion is good at or does, etc)  We also exchanged gifts, he got me some Godiva chocolates--yummy!  I got him the mp3 player he has be dying to get because it will also play videos.  After that we played rockband.  
When it was time for lunch he took me to a New York style pizza place.  Which was excellent.  Also earlier that week I asked him if he would take care of my feet because I can't really reach them anymore (the perks of 9 months pregnancy).  So he took me to get a pedicure.  It felt so good to have my feet massaged and taken care of.  My feet will look great for all the Doctors and Nurses at the hospital!  It actually started to down pour so we went home to relax and watched the Olympic basketball games.  (DVR makes those games go by so quickly it's great!)
When it was time for dinner we used a gift card we had and went to Dave and Busters.  For anyone who hasn't been it is kind of like a big sports bar but family oriented with a kids arcade and what not.  We didn't really go for the food but for the games.  We just got a salad and split it and went to play skee ball.  Which is usually my favorite, but the machines were acting funny.  So Dave and I played some basket ball.  I never beat him but I close 31 to 34 and 23 to 26.  So I still know a little from the one year in high school.  With the tickets we won, we got a prize for Lucy.  It looks like a maraca but it is small, purple, and lights up.  We figured she would have fun shaking it once she figures out how to hold things.
After that we went home to watch a movie and the last bit of the Olympic basketball games.  So on a scale of 1-10 for anniversaries this was a 10!  I will never forget this day and it was the best date we could have ever had for before Lucy arrives.  3 years of happiness have gone by and I hope for much much more!

4 comments:

Emily Malinka said...

Soooo Sweet!!! Congrats on making the big 3 (I don't know how big that is, but I am impressed!)

Emily said...

Yeah for anniversaries! I love them. I still remember my 3rd anniversary. Trust me, it just gets better and better!

Carly said...

I love that he pretended to go to work and instead came home with breakfast! That is so cute. Those days will be few and very far between once little Lucy shows up!

Tobster said...

No baby yet? Hey good luck with it all. Having a kid is the best.