8.05.2008

Dr. Appointment

So I had a Dr.'s Appointment today.  It was pretty interesting.  Like I have said in the past I have been measuring small and finally the Dr. decided that I needed one last ultrasound to see how small she really is.  During the ultrasound they measured and guessed that she weighs 5.6 lbs.  That put her in the 17%.  Which is low sure, but not unhealthy.  They also checked everything else-her breathing, reflexes, all of her organs.  All have developed and are doing great.  She is just a petite little girl.  The sono tech guessed that she would gain another pound and half or maybe 2 pounds.  So she will be average when she is born.  

Sorry no  pictures.  It turns out the further along you are the blurry and harder to see what is happening, it gets.  I don't know how she could see anything.  All I could see where her bones like the rib cage and the femur.

Also my Dr. checked, even though she thought it was too early for it, to see if I have dilated.  And I have to 1 cm.  Also my cervix is now forward-which apparently is awesome because that is one of the most important things.   So I have 4 weeks left until the due date--but who knows when I will really go!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Well congrats on the little baby, maybe she won't hurt so bad coming out! I think that is why epidurals (sp?) were invented. Making 10lb babies feel like a 5lb? Good luck!

Dani said...

Wahoo! You're so close.