8.27.2008

YM Camp Out

The weekend after returning from Puerto Rico, we had an overnight campout planned for our YM (I am the second counselor in the YMs for those of you who don't know.)  We only did a night;s worth of camping for a few reasons, (1) Dianna is 9 months pregnant (it was only 25 miles from Dallas, but still), (2) It was the first time our deacon, Dima, had been camping, and (3) it was the first time either Spencer or I had ever been camping as leaders (we were just as scared, if not more, than Dima-I'm sure).  It turned out great and we had a lot of fun!.  Dima got half of his tenderfoot knocked out and a few Duty to God goals taken care of with this one trip.  Friday night when we arrived we made dinner, set up camp, read some of the Joseph Smith history for a spiritual thought, and went night swimming in the lake.  Saturday Dima cooked breakfast, learned to tie the knots necessary to pitch an old-school tent, went on a hike, went swimming again, and struck camp.  Here are a few pictures of out campsite and our two YM, Bryce and Dima, being Bryce and Dima.  I hope we get to a lot more of these trips!




2 comments:

jed-laura said...

Next time you guys go camping, I want to come along even though I've moved. I really wanted to come, but this dang move we've got going on is killin me.

-Jed

SYLVIA HAWKINFECTOR said...

Hey Diana! It's Kate Gregory. I recently made a blog so I am adding you to my blogroll. Just thought you should know!

http://pontifikate.wordpress.com/